Despite our fondest wish to get back to the series on the Canons of Dort, the Science tells us that that it is time for only our second ever best of episode. In this episode we feature some audio from January 2010, where Dr Clark interacted with some audio from one of radio’s most famous personalities, Steve Dahl. Sometimes it is good to sit back and listen to how the faith appears to unbelievers. We especially need to do that when we’re thinking about trying to “relevant.” Dahl was in the target demographic for many church growth strategies. How did he react to an evangelical congregation’s attempt to make Christianity relevant? The second segment features an early Heidelcast episode in which Dr Clark answered the question, “why the focus on the Reformed confessions?”
The Heidelcast is proud to be sponsored by Reformation Heritage Books. Please show them that you are grateful for their support by visiting RHB online (or in person if you are in Grand Rapids), where you can find Carl Trueman’s latest, Strange New World: How Thinkers and Activists Redefined Identity and Sparked the Sexual Revolution. This is an important book and should be read by pastors, elders, Sunday School teachers, catechism teachers and by anyone who wants to understand what is going on around us. Don’t forget: when you go to RHB please be sure to tell them that the Heidelcast sent you.
If you enjoy the Heidelcast please share it with your friends. Subscribe in any podcast app or even by email via the Heidelscribe box on the HB homepage. Would you consider supporting Heidelberg Reformation Association? We are growing in order to respond to the global demand for Heidelmedia but we cannot meet that need without your help. Please make the coffer clink by using the donate button on any HB page. You can also send a check to the Heidelberg Reformation Association.
- All the Episodes of the Heidelcast
- Heidelcast Series: Every Tribe, Tongue, and Nation
- How To Subscribe To Heidelmedia
- On Twitter @Heidelcast
- How To Support Heidelmedia: use the donate button below
- Subscribe in Apple Podcast
- Subscribe directly via RSS
- New Way To Call The Heidelphone: Voice Memo On Your Phone
- Text the Heidelcast any time at (760) 618–1563.
- Ways To Listen to the Heidelcast:
Call the Heidelphone anytime at (760) 618–1563. Leave a message or email us us a voice memo from your phone and we may use it in a future podcast. Record it and email it to Heidelcast at heidelcast dot net.
If you benefit from the Heidelcast please leave a five-star review on Apple Podcasts so that others can find it.
Please do not forget to make the coffer clink (see the donate button below).
© R. Scott Clark. All Rights Reserved.
- The Heidelcast
- How To Make the Coffer Clink: Use the Donate Button Below This Post
- Heidelblog Resources
- The HB Media Archive
- The Ecumenical Creeds
- The Reformed Confessions
- Heidelberg Catechism (1563)
- Recovering the Reformed Confession (Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2008).
- What Must A Christian Believe?
- Why I Am A Christian
- Resources On Church Growth And Ordinary Means Ministry
- On The Value Of Confessions
- Are Confessions Themselves QIRC-Y?
- Indy Reformed: Why Creeds And Confessions?
- Why Creeds?
- Audio: With The True Presbyterian Podcast Answering The Question—Why Confessions?
- The Role of Creeds and Confessions in Doing Theology
- Audio: With Mike Abendroth And No Compromise Radio On Confessions
- If You Want To Know What P&R Christians Believe, Read The Confessions