In this episode we answer two Heidelcalls, one asking about the “threatenings” in Canons of Dort 5.14 and another asking about whether the Holy Spirit “communicates” with us beyond Scripture. We also read some Heideltexts, and a touching email from Hana. This is also part 5 of the series on prayer, Our Father. Our familiarity with the Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:9–13) might give us the impression that it is rudimentary. It is not. Right at the outset we are confronted with a challenge. The first petition is not quite what we might think. There is depth and complexity to the first petition that we might miss.
- All the Episodes of the Heidelcast
- Heidelcast Series: Our Father
- How To Subscribe To Heidelmedia
- On Twitter @Heidelcast
- How To Support Heidelmedia: use the donate button below
- Subscribe in Apple Podcast
- Subscribe directly via RSS
- New Way To Call The Heidelphone: Voice Memo On Your Phone
- Text the Heidelcast any time at (760) 618–1563.
- Ways To Listen to the Heidelcast:
Call the Heidelphone anytime at (760) 618–1563. Leave a message or email us us a voice memo from your phone and we may use it in a future podcast. Record it and email it to Heidelcast at heidelcast dot net.
If you benefit from the Heidelcast please leave a five-star review on Apple Podcasts so that others can find it.
Please do not forget to make the coffer clink (see the donate button below).
© R. Scott Clark. All Rights Reserved.
- The Heidelcast
- How To Make the Coffer Clink: Use the Donate Button Below This Post
- Heidelblog Resources
- The HB Media Archive
- The Ecumenical Creeds
- The Reformed Confessions
- Heidelberg Catechism (1563)
- Recovering the Reformed Confession (Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2008).
- What Must A Christian Believe?
- Why I Am A Christian
- Resources On Prayer
- Resources On Reformed Piety
- AGR: With Chris Gordon On “Still, Small Voices”
- Recommended: URCNA Forms And Confessions
- Heidelberg Catechism in Audio
- A Delightful Reformed Guide To Your Devotions: Be Thou My Vision
- URCNA Forms and Prayers (print edition)
- URNCA Prayers and Meditations
- Resources On The Canons And Synod Of Dort
- Redeemed From Every People, Tribe, Tongue, And Nation: A Commentary On The Canons Of Dort
- Canons of Dort (32): Our Sovereign God Uses Means To Encourage Us
- How Should We View the Warning Passages?
- How The Free Offer Of The Gospel Helps Us Understand The Warning Passages
- Resources On Continuing Revelation
- Resources On The Reformation Solas