This episode might be what some would call a “humdinger” if only because we were able to fit in all six calls and give some answer to each. Daniel called to ask how the church should respond when a lay member adopts a serious doctrinal error (or even heresy)? What happens if it is a ruling elder? We are talking about practice. We take a call from Izmir, Turkey about the role of works in our lives, in final salvation, and in helping the church to see who is and is not a Christian. What is the “judgment of charity” and how does it work? Deborah calls from Chicago to ask about a popular book by a biblical scholar who claims to have found a way to get behind tradition, creeds etc to be able to recover the authentic biblical worldview. Heidelblog contributor Harrison Perkins calls from London to comment on why people might be afraid to think of the new heavens and the new earth in terms of worship. It might have something to do with what they understand worship to be. Finally, we take a call from long-time HB reader Paul, from Central Indiana, about God’s secret providence and the problem of evil. Stay tuned. In the next episode we begin a series on prayer: Our Father in Heaven.
- All the Episodes of the Heidelcast
- How To Subscribe To Heidelmedia
- On Twitter @Heidelcast
- How To Support Heidelmedia: use the donate button below
- Subscribe in Apple Podcast
- Subscribe directly via RSS
- New Way To Call The Heidelphone: Voice Memo On Your Phone
- Ways To Listen to the Heidelcast:
Call the Heidelphone anytime at (760) 618-1563. Leave a message or email us us a voice memo from your phone and we may use it in a future podcast. Record it and email it to Heidelcast at heidelcast dot net.
If you benefit from the Heidelcast please leave a five-star review on Apple Podcasts so that others can find it.
Please do not forget to make the coffer clink (see the donate button below).
© R. Scott Clark. All Rights Reserved.
- The Heidelcast
- How To Make the Coffer Clink: Use the Donate Button Below This Post
- Heidelblog Resources
- The HB Media Archive
- The Ecumenical Creeds
- The Reformed Confessions
- Heidelberg Catechism (1563)
- Recovering the Reformed Confession (Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2008).
- Heidelcast Series: What Must A Christian Believe?
- What Must A Christian Believe?
- Why I Am A Christian
- Resources On “Final Salvation Through Works”
- The Reformed Brotherhood: Overcoming Confirmation Bias On Piper And Final Salvation Through Works
- David Steinmetz, “The Superiority of Pre-Critical Exegesis” Theology Today (1980).
- Resources On Biblicism
- As It Was In The Days Of Noah (26): 2 Peter 1:3–11 (part 1)
- As It Was In The Days Of Noah (27): 2 Peter 1:3–11 (part 2)
- As It Was In The Days Of Noah (27): 2 Peter 1:3–11 (part 3)
- As It Was In The Days Of Noah (28): 2 Peter 1:3–11 (part 4)
- On The QIRE There’s No Place to Stop
- Against The Star Trek Christology
- The So-Called “Celestial Flesh” Christology Is Just Gnosticism
- Heidelcast 192: What Must A Christian Believe? (10): “Conceived By The Holy Spirit, Born Of The Virgin Mary”
- Church Discipline Is Not Mean
- In Defense Of Church Discipline
- A Court, Clay, and the Cross: Examining the Problem of Evil
- A Classical Reformed Alternative To The New Calvinist Language On God And Evil
- Divine Sovereignty, Evil, Mystery, and “Calvinism”