In this episode Dr Clark continues his series on the the Canons of Dort where we are looking at the First Head of Doctrine of the Canons of Dort, articles 12 and 13. The Synod was responding to the problem of assurance. The Remonstrant theology laid waste to the Reformation doctrine of assurance and the Synod sought to rebuild the foundations. For more on this see the resources on assurance in the resources below. He also responds to a question from Moses (from Wales) about the Confession of Faith of the Calvinistic Methodists of Wales, from Nick about the relations between evangelicalism and the Reformed churches, and from Anonymous about the doctrines of Christ and the Trinity. The opening audio clip comes from the Rev. Mr Tom Wenger II, Pastor of Trinity PCA in Crofton, MD and Vice-Chairman of the Heidelberg Reformation Association.
The Heidelcast is proud to be sponsored by Reformation Heritage Books. Please show them that you are grateful for their support by visiting RHB online (or in person if you are in Grand Rapids), where you can find Chad Van Dixhoorn’s Creeds, Confessions and Catechisms, which gathers 13 of Christian history’s most important documents—including the Heidelberg Catechism. This is a beautiful volume and nicely done. Dr Clark reads a bit from this volume to whet your appetite. Don’t forget: when you go to RHB please be sure to tell them that the Heidelcast sent you.
If you enjoy the Heidelcast please share it with your friends. Subscribe in any podcast app or even by email via the Heidelscribe box on the HB homepage. Would you consider supporting Heidelberg Reformation Association? We are growing in order to respond to the global demand for Heidelmedia but we cannot meet that need without your help. Please make the coffer clink by using the donate button on any HB page. You can also send a check to the Heidelberg Reformation Association.
- All the Episodes of the Heidelcast
- Heidelcast Series: Every Tribe, Tongue, and Nation
- How To Subscribe To Heidelmedia
- On Twitter @Heidelcast
- How To Support Heidelmedia: use the donate button below
- Subscribe in Apple Podcast
- Subscribe directly via RSS
- New Way To Call The Heidelphone: Voice Memo On Your Phone
- Text the Heidelcast any time at (760) 618–1563.
- Ways To Listen to the Heidelcast:
Call the Heidelphone anytime at (760) 618–1563. Leave a message or email us us a voice memo from your phone and we may use it in a future podcast. Record it and email it to Heidelcast at heidelcast dot net.
If you benefit from the Heidelcast please leave a five-star review on Apple Podcasts so that others can find it.
Please do not forget to make the coffer clink (see the donate button below).
© R. Scott Clark. All Rights Reserved.
- The Heidelcast
- How To Make the Coffer Clink: Use the Donate Button Below This Post
- Heidelblog Resources
- The HB Media Archive
- The Ecumenical Creeds
- The Reformed Confessions
- Heidelberg Catechism (1563)
- Recovering the Reformed Confession (Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2008).
- What Must A Christian Believe?
- Why I Am A Christian
- Evangelicalism Bibliography
- God the Son and Covenant of Grace: Caspar Olevianus, eternal generation, and the substance of the covenant of grace
- Heidelberg 33: God’s Eternally And Only Begotten Son And His Adopted Sons (3)
- Heidelcast Series: I Am That I Am
- Resources On The Assurance Of Salvation