In this episode Dr Clark answers Heidelmail from Jackson about whether the American Revolution was just, from Coral about whether it is just social-justice warriors who are self-righteous, from Andrew about whether Augustine gave us both the Roman communion, the Reformed churches, and whether Amillennialism gave us final salvation through works, and from Rob about the teaching of the Synod of Dort about the salvation of the children of believers who die in infancy. Then the episode returns to the Lord’s Prayer to consider the sixth petition: “Lead us not into temptation.” Here we are asked to think about the contrast between the Christian view of the world (i.e., that there are spiritual realities) and the closed world Modernity tried to create. If you enjoy the Heidelcast please share it with your friends. Subscribe in any podcast app or even by email via the Heidelscribe box on the HB homepage. Would you consider supporting Heidelberg Reformation Association? We are growing to respond to the demand for Heidelmedia but we cannot meet that need without your help. Please make the coffer clink by using the donate button on any HB page. You can also send a check to the Heidelberg Reformation Association.
- All the Episodes of the Heidelcast
- Heidelcast Series: Our Father
- How To Subscribe To Heidelmedia
- On Twitter @Heidelcast
- How To Support Heidelmedia: use the donate button below
- Subscribe in Apple Podcast
- Subscribe directly via RSS
- New Way To Call The Heidelphone: Voice Memo On Your Phone
- Text the Heidelcast any time at (760) 618–1563.
- Ways To Listen to the Heidelcast:
Call the Heidelphone anytime at (760) 618–1563. Leave a message or email us us a voice memo from your phone and we may use it in a future podcast. Record it and email it to Heidelcast at heidelcast dot net.
If you benefit from the Heidelcast please leave a five-star review on Apple Podcasts so that others can find it.
Please do not forget to make the coffer clink (see the donate button below).
© R. Scott Clark. All Rights Reserved.
- The Heidelcast
- How To Make the Coffer Clink: Use the Donate Button Below This Post
- Heidelblog Resources
- The HB Media Archive
- The Ecumenical Creeds
- The Reformed Confessions
- Heidelberg Catechism (1563)
- Recovering the Reformed Confession (Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2008).
- What Must A Christian Believe?
- Why I Am A Christian
- Resources On Prayer
- Resources On Reformed Piety
- Recommended: URCNA Forms And Confessions
- Heidelberg Catechism in Audio
- A Delightful Reformed Guide To Your Devotions: Be Thou My Vision
- URCNA Forms and Prayers (print edition)
- URNCA Prayers and Meditations
- Resources On The Controversy Over “Final Salvation Through Works”
- Resources On The Canons And Synod Of Dort
- Heidelcast Series: As It Was In The Days Of Noah