In this episode, Dr. Clark continues the Heidelcast series on Romans, looking more in-depth at chapter 2. In previous episodes, Dr. Clark has unpacked total depravity and reprobation as described in Romans 1. Now, we see the role of the law, focusing especially on Romans 2:13. It is not a promise to Christians who keep the law in cooperation with the Holy Spirit. It is a re-statement of the works principle or the covenant of works: do this and live. Properly understanding these passages is critical for grasping Paul’s division of Law and Gospel outline throughout the entire book!
This episode of the Heidelcast is sponsored by Westminster Seminary California. The need for well-trained ministers and laity is greater now than at any time since the Reformation. Doctrinal confusion abounds. Educational standards are slipping. So the work of Westminster Seminary California has never been more important. We need pastors and leaders in the church who really know the Word, who can really read the original languages competently, who can preach the law and the gospel faithfully, who can shepherd the flock graciously, and who can reach the lost boldly.
Does this sound like something to which you feel called? There’s no better way to find out than to visit WSC in person! Come to Seminary For A Day, March 10, 2023. You will be able to sit in on classes, meet students and professors, see the campus and student housing, and have all your questions answered in-person by those best equipped to help you on your seminary journey! Westminster Seminary California offers masters degrees in biblical studies, systematics (theology), and historical theology, as well as the Master of Divinity. If God is calling you to seminary, schedule your visit today at wscal.edu/visit or call (888) 480-8474.
- All the Episodes of the Heidelcast
- Resources On Romans
- How To Subscribe To Heidelmedia
- On Twitter @Heidelcast
- How To Support Heidelmedia: use the donate button below
- Subscribe in Apple Podcast
- Subscribe directly via RSS
- New Way To Call The Heidelphone: Voice Memo On Your Phone
- Text the Heidelcast any time at (760) 618–1563.
- The Heidelcast is available everywhere podcasts are found including Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
Call the Heidelphone anytime at (760) 618–1563. Leave a message or email us us a voice memo from your phone and we may use it in a future podcast. Record it and email it to Heidelcast at heidelcast dot net.
If you benefit from the Heidelcast please leave a five-star review on Apple Podcasts so that others can find it.
Please do not forget to make the coffer clink (see the donate button below).
© R. Scott Clark. All Rights Reserved.
- The Heidelcast
- How To Make the Coffer Clink: Use the Donate Button Below This Post
- Heidelblog Resources
- The HB Media Archive
- The Ecumenical Creeds
- The Reformed Confessions
- Heidelberg Catechism (1563)
- Recovering the Reformed Confession (Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2008).
- What Must A Christian Believe?
- Why I Am A Christian
- Support Heidelmedia: use the donate button or send a check to:
Heidelberg Reformation Association
1637 E. Valley Parkway #391
Escondido CA 92027
- Heidelblog Contributors
- Resources On Romans