In this episode, Dr. Clark continues his series on the Canons of Dort where we are looking at the Fifth Head of Doctrine concerning the perseverance of the saints. We turn to what Synod confessed positively about how Christ graciously preserves his people through their pilgrimage in this world—and the Christian life, according to Scripture as understood and confessed by the Reformed churches, is indeed a pilgrimage. Dr. Clark answers questions from Linda about the Revelation Movement and from Alan who wants to know if anyone has translated the words on the doors above the Wittenberg. We’re glad to hear from Michael, a new listener and new Christian who has found the Heidelcast to be a helpful resource! The opening audio clip is Brad Isbell on the Presbycast.
This episode of the Heidelcast is sponsored by Westminster Seminary California. John Calvin said that justification through faith alone is the axis around which everything in the Christian life rotates. Westminster Seminary California is pleased to invite you to join us for our 2023 Annual Conference: From Faith to Faith: The Power of God for the Christian Life. Our conference will explore various facets of doctrine and life as they touch upon the centrality of faith in the Christian life. In particular, we will examine the nature, heart, gift, challenges, and hope of faith. We hope you will be able to join us. Our featured speakers include WSC President Joel Kim, Dr. W. Robert Godfrey, Dr. Michael Horton, Dr. Craig Troxel, and Dr. Brad Bitner. Please visit wscal.edu for more information and to register for the conference. Westminster Seminary California exists for Christ, His Gospel, and His Church.
- All the Episodes of the Heidelcast
- Heidelcast Series: Every Tribe, Tongue, and Nation
- How To Subscribe To Heidelmedia
- On Twitter @Heidelcast
- How To Support Heidelmedia: use the donate button below
- Subscribe in Apple Podcast
- Subscribe directly via RSS
- New Way To Call The Heidelphone: Voice Memo On Your Phone
- Text the Heidelcast any time at (760) 618–1563.
- Ways To Listen to the Heidelcast:
Call the Heidelphone anytime at (760) 618–1563. Leave a message or email us us a voice memo from your phone and we may use it in a future podcast. Record it and email it to Heidelcast at heidelcast dot net.
If you benefit from the Heidelcast please leave a five-star review on Apple Podcasts so that others can find it.
Please do not forget to make the coffer clink (see the donate button below).
© R. Scott Clark. All Rights Reserved.
- The Heidelcast
- How To Make the Coffer Clink: Use the Donate Button Below This Post
- Heidelblog Resources
- The HB Media Archive
- The Ecumenical Creeds
- The Reformed Confessions
- Heidelberg Catechism (1563)
- Recovering the Reformed Confession (Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2008).
- What Must A Christian Believe?
- Why I Am A Christian
- If You Want To Know What P&R Christians Believe, Read The Confessions
- Resources On The Canons And Synod Of Dort
- Peace And Purity Provided By Authority: John Thomson’s Defense Of Presbyterian Church Polity
- Canons And Decrees Of The Second Council Of Orange (AD 529)
- Calvin On Acts 20:28
- The Reformed Doctrine of the “Communicatio”
- Resources On The Controversy Over “Final Salvation Through Works”
- Anti-Scholasticism, Revival(ism), Pietism, Or The Reformed Theology, Piety, And Practice?
- Tillich: Pietism And The Enlightenment Both Fought Against Orthodoxy
- Resources On Reformed Piety
- Resources On The Assurance Of Salvation
- Canons Of Dort (30): God’s Gracious Assurance Of Perseverance
- Berkhof: Perseverance Is By Grace Alone Through Faith Alone