We begin this episode with a classic public service announcement by Vincent Price from 1950, warning about the dangers of bigotry and prejudice in American life. You shall have to hear it for yourself. It is apropos of our renewed social concern for justice and equity for all people and especially for those who have been treated unequally in American life. The riots that have followed the recent protests, however, have revealed to the broader American public the existence of some violent, communist-anarchist movements that are driven by an eschatology of an earthly utopia. Such eschatologies are always popular because they are not brought about by direct divine action, as the Kingdom of God, but by human engineering. In the case of the Marxist-Leninist view of the future, the utopia is to be brought about by class consciousness and class warfare. There are Christian eschatologies that also offer an earthly utopia but this episode argues these are also seriously misguided. The biblical eschatology is oriented around Christ, not an earthly golden age. All this means that eschatology matters. So, in these first episodes we’re setting the table for our exploration of 1 and 2 Peter on eschatology, last things, on the new heavens and the new earth.
- All the Episodes of the Heidelcast.
- Here are all the episodes in this series, As It Was In The Days Of Noah.
- Subscribe in Apple Podcasts.
- Subscribe directly via RSS
- How To Subscribe To Heidelmedia
- New Way To Call The Heidelphone: Voice Memo On Your Phone
Call the Heidelphone anytime at (760) 618-1563. Leave a message or email us us a voice memo from your phone and we may use it in a future podcast. Give us a call. The plan is to do another call-in show next week. We are giving away copies of Baptism, Election, and the Covenant of Grace to every caller on the show. You are welcome to send us a voice memo from your smart phone. Record it and email it to Heidelcast at heidelcast dot net.
If you benefit from the Heidelcast please leave a five-star review on Apple Podcasts so that others can find it.
Please do not forget to make the coffer clink.
- How To Subscribe To Heidelmedia
- On Distinguishing The Jerusalem That Is Below From That Which Is Above
- The Israel Of God
- It’s All about Eschatology
- Is There An Apostolic Hermeneutic And Can We Imitate it?
- What The Bible Is All About
- As It Was In The Days Of Noah: A Commentary On 1 and 2 Peter
- Undoing The Curse In This Life?
- What Would Calvin Say? (re-post)
- Resources On Theonomy And Reconstructionism
- Resources On Dispensationalism
- With Pilgrim Radio On “Left Behind” And Predictions Of Christ’s Return
- Two Points On Left Behind And The Secret Rapture
- Interview With TruNews’ Rick Wiles: On The Secret Rapture
- Dismantling the “Rapture”
- Good News! The Dividing Wall Is Gone
- We Are Not Polishing Brass On A Sinking Ship
- Covenant Theology Is Not Replacement Theology
- Audio: With Chris Gordon And AGR On Replacement Theology
- Heidelcast 137: How To Avoid The TheoRecon Tollbooth
- Resources On Natural Law
- Office Hours: What the Bible Actually Says About the End Times
- Audio: With New Geneva On Reformed Amillennialism (1)
- With The New Geneva Podcast On Amillennialism (Part 2)
- Audio: Amillennialism 101
- Kim Riddelbarger, A Case for Amillennialism
- Kim Riddelbarger, The Man of Sin: Uncovering the Truth About the Antichrist
- Dennis Johnson, Triumph of the Lamb: A Commentary on Revelation
- Antifa: An Emerging Threat To Civil Liberties And Peaceful Dialogue