In June 2021, Dr. Fox began writing a series of blog posts on truth, justice, and the good news of the Gospel. One issue he wrote about was the unfairness of men competing in women’s sports.
Dr. Fox wrote with no animus toward those who identify as LGBT. He had worked with people in that community throughout his career. He had even begun organizing monthly meetings with clergy, academics, church leaders, and students to discuss how the church can share the message of the Gospel to those in the LGBT community.
But Dr. Fox’s opinions about fairness in women’s sports did not sit well with one or more anonymous members of the fire department, who complained about Dr. Fox’s blog posts. The department’s assistant chief reached out to Dr. Fox to schedule a meeting.
… But then department officials contacted Dr. Fox again demanding that he write an apology letter to the LGBT community.That’s when Dr. Fox realized that he was being asked to explicitly recant his beliefs. But that was something he could not do.
… Just days after sending the edited version of his letter, Dr. Fox was dismissed. Read More»
Alliance Defending Freedom | “This Volunteer Chaplain Was Fired—For His Christian Beliefs” | August 16, 2022
- How To Subscribe To Heidelmedia
- The Heidelblog Resource Page
- Heidelmedia Resources
- The Ecumenical Creeds
- The Reformed Confessions
- The Heidelberg Catechism
- Recovering the Reformed Confession (Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2008)
- Why I Am A Christian
- Support Heidelmedia: use the donate button
- Religious Freedom Watch: 1994 RFRA Under Attack?
- Religious Freedom Watch: Kansas City Church Wins Settlement Over Religious Discrimination
- Religious Freedom Watch: Tent-Making Pastor Threatened With Loss Of Realtor’s License
- Religious Freedom Watch: Chilling Protected Religious Speech In The Military
- What The Biden Administration’s “Equality Act” Would Do
- The Equality Act Is Back In Play: What It Means For Religious Liberty
- A Scholar Talks Honestly About Academic Freedom And The Transgender Phenomenon
- Transgender Mania Grips Pre-Teen Girls
- 60 Minutes Report On The State Of The Transgender Debate Is Illuminating
- Norway Criminalizes Private Speech Against Transgendered People–Turley Warns That It Could Happen In The USA