In his next session, Bob Godfrey resumes his talks on what happened to Christendom and how the church should adapt to a post-Christian world. In this series Bob seeks to understand why this contemporary world seems so strange. In this session he begins with a recent story in the L A Times about the value of practicing yoga. The author of the article found yoga unpleasant until he began doing it while he was high on weed. A second story concerned the found of a Buddhist monk who had recently died, who was said in the story to have become a cloud. This is what it looks like when Christendom has to an end. The dominant world view under Christendom was derived from Christianity.
The week prior, Chris Gordon gave an excellent talk on the sexual revolution and it is included As a bonus.
- How To Subscribe To Heidelmedia
- The Heidelblog Resource Page
- Heidelmedia Resources
- The Ecumenical Creeds
- The Reformed Confessions
- The Heidelberg Catechism
- Recovering the Reformed Confession (Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2008).
- Support Heidelmedia: use the donate button below.
- Bob Godfrey On “What’s Going on Right Now: Sex, Race, Politics & Power” (1)
- Bob Godfrey On “What’s Going on Right Now: Sex, Race, Politics & Power” (2)
- Bob Godfrey on “What’s Going On Right Now: Sex, Race, Politics & Power” (3)
- Bob Godfrey on “What’s Going On Right Now: Sex, Race, Politics, & Power” (4)
- Bob Godfrey on “What’s Going On Right Now: Sex, Race, Politics, and Power” (5)
- What’s Going on Right Now: Sex, Race, Politics, & Power with Dr. W Robert Godfrey (6)
- What’s Going on Right Now: Sex, Race, Politics, & Power with W Robert Godfrey (7)
- What’s Going On Right Now? Sex, Race, Politics, and Power (8)
- Resources On Christ And Culture
- Resources On The Twofold Kingdom
- The Enlightenment Was Not What You Were Told It Was
- Tillich: Pietism And The Enlightenment Both Fought Against Orthodoxy
- Modernity: The Story Without Its Author
- Carl L. Becker, The Heavenly City of the Eighteenth-Century Philosophers (Yale, 1948).
- Resources On LGBTQ And Revoice
- Resources On Critical Theory, Political Correctness, And Free Speech
- Office Hours: Carl Trueman Explains Why The World Seems So Upside Down