Is Christianity private or public? Does the truth about Christ Jesus, who is the object of my faith, depend on my own private beliefs, or is there something verifiable that can be “fact-checked”? The reason I pose these questions is because we are living in a time when the determination of truth and untruth have turned inward, making one’s own personal beliefs the measure of what is true or not.
While examining and verifying evidence and testimony may be found in courts of law, in the press and many political and personal interactions it is common to observe persons passing off as truth what are merely their own feelings, opinions, and beliefs, often without evidence or verifiable testimony.
The resurrection of Jesus was a very public miracle.
Not so with the resurrection of Christ Jesus. The resurrection of Jesus was a very public miracle witnessed by many and supported by evidence at the time it occurred and afterward. The evidence is recorded in Scripture. There are about 5,250 ancient Greek manuscripts of books and parts of the New Testament that record Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection. The earliest is dated to about 90 years after his death (Rylands Library Papyrus 52). Read more»
Daniel Rowlands | “Fact Checking The Resurrection” | Jan 31, 2022
- How To Subscribe To Heidelmedia
- The Heidelblog Resource Page
- Heidelmedia Resources
- The Ecumenical Creeds
- The Reformed Confessions
- The Heidelberg Catechism
- Recovering the Reformed Confession (Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2008).
- Support Heidelmedia: use the donate button below.
- Why I Am A Christian
- Heidelcast 206—What Must A Christian Believe? (22): The Resurrection Of The Dead
- Why It Is Reasonable To Believe In Jesus’ Resurrection
- Hywel Jones: Between Resurrection and Ascension: In Lockdown
- The Resurrection And Your Anxiety
- 45. What benefit do we receive from the resurrection of Christ?
- Olevianus: The First Benefit Of The Resurrection Is The Certainty Of Our Justification
- Another Downside Of Pietism: Christ’s Bodily Resurrection Is Marginalized
- Of Bigfoot And The Resurrection
- “Biased Facts,” Objective Reality, The Reformation, And The Resurrection
- The Disciples Confessed Christ’s Resurrection Because It Was Objectively True
- Heidelberg 57: The Comfort Of Resurrection And Glorification
- Heidelberg 45: Three Benefits Of Christ’s Resurrection (1)
- Heidelberg 45: Three Benefits Of Christ’s Resurrection (2)
- Heidelberg 45: Three Benefits of Christ’s Resurrection (3)
- Heidelberg 45: Three Benefits Of Christ’s Resurrection (4)
- Of Zombies and Resurrections
- Witsius on the Benefits of Christ’s Resurrection