When Vice President Kamala Harris announced her pronouns while introducing herself to pro-abortion disability rights activists, she also described what she was wearing: “I am Kamala Harris. My pronouns are she and her. I am a woman sitting at this table wearing a blue suit.” All others at the conference table mimicked the process in some way…
…When the video made rounds on social media, a lot of people were amazed by the absurdity of it all. However, when high-level public figures put on such performances, the goal is to portray the behavior as normal so more will do the same until there’s a cascade of public acceptance. Indeed, declaring one’s pronouns—saying things like “I go by he/him” or “My pronouns are xi/xir/they”—has become a ritual in much of academia and the corporate world, where people have started wearing pronoun badges.
Those who promote the practice claim it’s only about good manners and avoiding the risk of marginalizing people by making assumptions about how they identify. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Progressive Pronoun Project is plain old social engineering. And it disrupts the natural flow of human communication at every level. We all know that.
George Orwell famously warned that if we keep corrupting the English language, we’ll eventually start spouting dangerous nonsense like “Freedom is slavery” and “War is peace.” Indeed, turning the language into unintelligible mush serves to turn people into fools who can be controlled. We’ve all seen how the media and our institutions are enforcing this farce. This abuse of language is bound to destabilize thought, especially in children. Read More»
Stella Morabito | “Kamala Harris’s Pronoun Charade Is About A Lot More Than Bad Manners” | August 3, 2022
- How To Subscribe To Heidelmedia
- The Heidelblog Resource Page
- Heidelmedia Resources
- The Ecumenical Creeds
- The Reformed Confessions
- The Heidelberg Catechism
- Recovering the Reformed Confession (Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2008)
- Why I Am A Christian
- Support Heidelmedia: use the donate button
- University Encourages New Best Practices: Gender Neutral Pronouns
- Gender Activism And The Victim Narrative
- University Settles Suit Over Professor’s Right Not To Use Student’s Preferred Pronoun
- Grammar Guerrilla: Pronoun Primer
- Resources On LGBTQ And Revoice
- Chris Gordon: Did Therapeutic, Moralistic Deism Give Us A “Woke Church”?
- Grammar Guerilla: Wake, Woke, Woken And Transitive And Intransitive Verbs
- How The Woke Revolution Works In Practice
- The Church’s Own Cancel Culture
- Culture Is Important But It Is Not The Most Important Thing