Jesus is the Great Physician, and the church is his hospital. It is a place for sinners—and those who have been wounded by the sins of others—to heal.
Justin Holcomb describes in his speaking and writing how the heartbreaking statistics on abuse don’t begin to describe the darkness and grief experienced by survivors. A professor at Reformed Theological Seminary and co-host of The White Horse Inn radio program, he and his wife Lindsey have written a number of books to help victims of abuse find healing in the church and the work of Christ. On Thursday, May 12, at 7:00 pm he will be at Christ Reformed DC on Capitol Hill (914 Massachusetts Ave NE) to present “Abuse, Healing, and the Church.”
His books include
- Rid of My Disgrace: Hope and Healing for Sexual Assault Victims
- Is it My Fault? Hope and Healing for Those Suffering Domestic Violence
- God Made All of Me: Helping Children Protect Their Bodies.
Christ Reformed DC is giving away copies of Holcomb’s books, as well as books from their previous speakers. Register now to double your opportunity to win a free book at the event. This lecture concludes Christ Reformed DC’s spring speaker series. Who Needs the Church in a Post-Christian World? focused on the church as a unique institution in our fallen world, exploring how the body of Christ is a necessary balm in these difficult times. Presentations by Senator Ben Sasse and Hillsdale Historian Darryl Hart are available for download online (video and audio)
All lectures are free of charge, and doors open at 6:30 pm for a reception. Program begins at 7:00 pm.
- How To Subscribe To Heidelmedia
- The Heidelblog Resource Page
- Heidelmedia Resources
- The Ecumenical Creeds
- The Reformed Confessions
- The Heidelberg Catechism
- Recovering the Reformed Confession (Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2008)
- Why I Am A Christian
- Support Heidelmedia: use the donate button
- A Beginner’s Guide To Addressing Spiritual Abuse In The Church
- The Open And Hidden Costs Of Sexual Abuse
- Are P&R Churches “Wholly Inadequate” To Investigate Abuse?
- On Disciplining Abusers And Protecting The Sheep
- A Follow Up Regarding Abuse In The Church: We Are Talking About Practice
- Spiritual Abuse Is Real
- Heidelcast 142: When Pastors Abuse
- Rod Rosenbladt, The Gospel For Those Broken By The Church