Dr. Clark was educated at the University of Nebraska (BA), Westminster Seminary California (MDiv), and St Anne’s College, Oxford University (DPhil). He was a minister in the Reformed Church in the United States (1988–1998) and has been a minister in the United Reformed Churches in North America since 1998.
He has taught church history and historical theology since 1995 at Wheaton College, Reformed Theological Seminary, Jackson, Concordia University, Irvine, and Westminster Seminary California.
He is the author of:
- Recovering the Reformed Confession: Our Theology, Piety, and Practice
- Caspar Olevian and the Substance of the Covenant: The Double Benefit of Christ
- Baptism, Election, and the Covenant of Grace
and the editor of
- William Ames, A Sketch of the Christian’s Catechism Classic Reformed Theology
- and contributor to Caspar Olevian, An Exposition of the Apostles’ Creed Classic Reformed Theology
- and contributor to Covenant, Justification, and Pastoral Ministry: Essays by the Faculty of Westminster Seminary California
and co-editor of and contributor to:
- Always Reformed: Essays in Honor of W. Robert Godfrey
- Protestant Scholasticism: Essays in Reassessment
Some favorite authors are P. G. Wodehouse, James Thurber, Dorothy Sayers, John Calvin, Louis Berkhof, Martin Luther, and Geerhardus Vos. Some of his favorite books: Johannes Wollebius, Compendium of Christian Theology; Geerhardus Vos, Biblical Theology; Francis Turretin, Institutes of Elenctic Theology; Dorothy Sayers, Creed or Chaos?; Martin Luther, The Bondage of the Will.