How does a modern wife submit while retaining her God-given integrity as a fellow heir of life and fellow citizen with the saints? I think Paul answers that in 5:15: She submits with wisdom and careful reflection on biblical truths that bear on the issue.
Ideally, this whole issue [of submission] never becomes a problem or an issue between a man and wife when a godly husband lovingly cherishes his wife as Christ cherishes the church. But both wives and husbands must pray for and exercise wisdom in their submission and love.
S. M. Baugh | Ephesians. Evangelical Exegetical Commentary (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2015), 497.
- Subscribe To The Heidelblog!
- The Heidelblog Resource Page
- Heidelmedia Resources
- The Ecumenical Creeds
- The Reformed Confessions
- The Heidelberg Catechism
- Recovering the Reformed Confession (Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2008)
- Why I Am A Christian
- What Must A Christian Believe?
- Heidelblog Contributors
- Now In Hardcover: S. M. Baugh On Ephesians
- Baugh On Ephesians: The Best Technical Commentary
- Office Hours: Steve Baugh on the Authorship of Ephesians
- Audio: Steve Baugh on Ephesians 1
- Ephesians 2:8 Presents Salvation As Completed Not Initiated
- Why Is Guilt, Grace, and Gratitude Insufficient?
- Baugh On The Inauguration Of The Kingdom of God
- Does The Westminster Confession Contradict Calvin On Assurance And Faith?
- Heidelminicast: S M Baugh On Christ’s Rule In The Midst Of His Enemies
- Support Heidelmedia: use the donate button or send a check to
Heidelberg Reformation Association
1637 E. Valley Parkway #391
Escondido CA 92027
The HRA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.