It seems the Christian Nationalist project overburdens and spins Matthew 28: 19 & 20 much like the for-the-city transformationalist crowd does with Jeremiah 29:7:
“But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the LORD on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare”
No verse has launched so many church plants or informed so many mission statements/church slogans in the last 30 years. The Christian nationalist crowd interprets “make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you,” in a way that puts the transformational discipling of nations (as political entities or ethnic groups) nearly on par with the evangelism of individuals of all nations, thus undermining the church’s spiritual mission.
Brad Isbell | “The gospel is not national” | August 21, 2023
- Subscribe To The Heidelblog!
- The Heidelblog Resource Page
- Heidelmedia Resources
- The Ecumenical Creeds
- The Reformed Confessions
- The Heidelberg Catechism
- Recovering the Reformed Confession (Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2008)
- Why I Am A Christian
- What Must A Christian Believe?
- Heidelblog Contributors
- Resources On The PCA
- The Simplicity of Biblical Polity
- PCA Ruling Elder Brad Isbell On The Future Of The Overtures And The PCA GA
- Resources on Christian Nationalism
- Support Heidelmedia: use the donate button or send a check to
Heidelberg Reformation Association
1637 E. Valley Parkway #391
Escondido CA 92027
The HRA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.