In this episode Dr Clark looks at Romans 3:27–31 and consider’s what Paul meant by “the law of faith” and “outside the law” and whether Luther was correct to add “alone” to his translation of Romans 3:28. He answers a call from David in Boston about head coverings in 1 Corinthians 11 and a text from Carl about whether Liberation theology is a kind “theology of glory.” The opening audio features our own Harrison Perkins who was a guest on the London Lyceum Podcast.
This episode of the Heidelcast is sponsored by Westminster Seminary California. Thinking about pastoral ministry or unordained service in education, missions, or in the church? Now is the time investigate your calling by calling or visiting Westminster Seminary California. When you visit you will be able to sit in on classes, meet students and professors, see the campus and student housing, and have all your questions answered in-person by those best equipped to help you on your seminary journey! Westminster Seminary California offers masters degrees in biblical studies, systematics (theology), and historical theology, as well as the Master of Divinity. Schedule your visit today at Westminster Seminary California or call (888) 480-8474.
- All the Episodes of the Heidelcast
- Resources On Romans
- Subscribe To the Heidelcast
- On Twitter @Heidelcast
- How To Support Heidelmedia: use the donate button below
- Subscribe in Apple Podcast
- Subscribe directly via RSS
- New Way To Call The Heidelphone: Voice Memo On Your Phone
- Text the Heidelcast any time at (760) 618–1563.
- The Heidelcast is available everywhere podcasts are found including Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
Call the Heidelphone anytime at (760) 618–1563. Leave a message or email us us a voice memo from your phone and we may use it in a future podcast. Record it and email it to Heidelcast at heidelcast dot net. If you benefit from the Heidelcast please leave a five-star review on Apple Podcasts so that others can find it. Please do not forget to make the coffer clink (see the donate button below).
- Heidelblog Resources
- The HB Media Archive
- The Ecumenical Creeds
- The Reformed Confessions
- Heidelberg Catechism (1563)
- Recovering the Reformed Confession (Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2008).
- What Must A Christian Believe?
- Why I Am A Christian
- Heidelblog Contributors
- Resource Page On The Reformation Solas
- The Reformed Churches Confess Luther’s Translation Of Romans 3:28: Allein
- Luther On The Propriety Of Using “Only” In Romans 3:28
- Support Heidelmedia: use the donate button or send a check to:
Heidelberg Reformation Association
1637 E. Valley Parkway #391
Escondido CA 92027 USA
The HRA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization