Of course, we are all apt to exaggerate the importance of our own times. But I venture to think that the present position of the Church… is more critical and perilous than it has been at any period during the last two centuries. On every side the horizon is dark and lowering. There seems to be breakers ahead and breakers astern, dangers on the right hand and dangers on left, dangers from within and dangers from without. Whether the good old ship will weather the storm remains to be seen. Read more»
J. C. Ryle | No Uncertain Sound, 19 | Gospel Reformation | September 2, 2021
- How To Subscribe To Heidelmedia
- The Heidelblog Resource Page
- How to support Heidelmedia: use the donate button below this post or on the front page.
- Heidelmedia Resources
- The Ecumenical Creeds
- The Reformed Confessions
- The Heidelberg Catechism
- Recovering the Reformed Confession (Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2008).
- Another Helpful Distinction: Filial Versus Servile Fear