Therefore, this is our thesis: No good works of the regenerate, even which are most excellent before others from themselves or in themselves, can endure the judgment of God, because they are imperfect, impure, and mixed with vice, and therefore they have no reason of cause of our justification before God or of our absolution and acceptance to eternal life.
Theodore Beza | A Defense of Justification Through the Righteousness of Christ Alone Freely Imputed, Obtained by Living Faith (1592) in R. Scott Clark and Casey Carmichael eds. Justification By Faith Alone (Grand Rapids: Reformation Heritage Books, 2023), 25-26.
- Subscribe To The Heidelblog!
- The Heidelblog Resource Page
- Heidelmedia Resources
- The Ecumenical Creeds
- The Reformed Confessions
- The Heidelberg Catechism
- Recovering the Reformed Confession (Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2008)
- Why I Am A Christian
- What Must A Christian Believe?
- Hot off the press! Beza, Polanus, and Turretin On Justification By Faith Alone
- Heidelblog Contributors
- Support Heidelmedia: use the donate button or send a check to
Heidelberg Reformation Association
1637 E. Valley Parkway #391
Escondido CA 92027
The HRA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.