The righteousness of Jesus Christ by which we are justified before God is the most perfect obedience to the whole divine law, consisting of most exact conformity of the whole human nature of Christ and of all His actions and sufferings, internal and external, to the whole law of God, which He most perfectly fulfilled in our place, so that He might obtain for us deliverance from eternal death and the right of eternal life.
Amandus Polanus (1561–1610) | The Free Justification of Man the Sinner before God in Justification by faith alone: selected writings from Theodore Beza (1519-1605), Amandus Polanus (1561-1610), Francis Turretin (1623-1687) | Translated by Casey B. Carmichael; Introduced by Zachary Purvis, (Grand Rapids: Reformation Heritage Books, 2023), 137 (HT: Inwoo Lee).
- Subscribe To The Heidelblog!
- The Heidelblog Resource Page
- Heidelmedia Resources
- The Ecumenical Creeds
- The Reformed Confessions
- The Heidelberg Catechism
- Recovering the Reformed Confession (Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing, 2008)
- Why I Am A Christian
- What Must A Christian Believe?
- Heidelblog Contributors
- Amandus Polanus on Republication
- Hot off the press! Beza, Polanus, and Turretin On Justification By Faith Alone
- Polanus: We Are Released From the Judicial Laws Of Moses But Not From Natural Law
- Support Heidelmedia: use the donate button or send a check to
Heidelberg Reformation Association
1637 E. Valley Parkway #391
Escondido CA 92027
The HRA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization