The Bible is a big book. That’s what J. I. Packer told us seminary students in 1987. He was right. Not only that but it was written over 1,500 years, in three different languages, in multiple settings, under multiple governments, by multiple authors, to different people groups. Yet all of that was arranged by the sovereign providence of God and the prophets and apostles who wrote holy Scripture did so under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit (2 Tim 3:10, 16). The Apostle Peter wrote, “For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit” (2 Pet 1:21). Further, all those various authors and books had a focus. He explained, “Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied about the grace that was to be yours searched and inquired carefully, inquiring what person or time the Spirit of Christ in them was indicating when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the subsequent glories. It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in the things that have now been announced to you through those who preached the good news to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels long to look” (1 Pet 1:10–12). Zach Keele is Lecturer in Practical Theology at Westminster Seminary California and he has been teaching the English Bible Survey course for 17 years. Out of that teaching has come a new book, The Unfolding Word: The Story of the Bible from Creation to the New Creation. Zach is a graduate of Westminster Seminary California and the long-time pastor of the Escondido Orthodox Presbyterian Church, he is married to Tovauh and the father of three children. He is co-author of Sacred Bond: Covenant Theology Explored and he joins us in this episode to talk about The Unfolding Word.
- The Office Hours Podcast Since 2009
- Subscribe to Office Hours in Apple Podcasts or directly here or in any podcast app.
- If you benefit from Office Hours, please take a moment to leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts so that others will find it and benefit too.
- Thanks for listening!
- How To Subscribe To Heidelmedia
- All The Episodes of Office Hours
- How to support Heidelmedia: use the donate button below
- The HB Resource Page
- The Heidelmedia Archive
- Office Hours: Where Are They Now? Zach Keele
- Office Hours—Sacred Bond: Covenant Theology Explored