Pastor Jared Beaird from Covenant Reformed Church (URCNA) in Missoula, MT sends some encouraging news from the congregation:
- They have a new family by transfer from the PCA.
- This year we have seen an increase in visitors and stayers. None of them have any Reformed background.
- One “stayer” came via Rosaria Butterfield’s work, Unlikely Convert.
- We have also had five professions of faith this year.
- Because Covenant Reformed is in a college town, they are a sending church. I’m thankful to God that most of those who have moved away have landed in Reformed churches.
- We had our first ever church summer retreat. It was a success and already families are asking about a winter retreat.
- We have started a Kid’s Catechism Club every Sunday afternoon. It is a our version of VBS, but instead of a packed out week, we catechize every week.
- We will continue our Thursday Night Study in Theology which has been a success.
We visited that church on our vacation in August 2015, I’m glad to hear the work is going well. I like the idea of the Kids Catechism Club on Sunday afternoon. Thanks for posting.